NetApp has released a Transition Advisor tool on the My AutoSupport website to help customers evaluate which of the 7-Mode features in their environment are supported in Clustered DataOntap. The tool takes the data they have on the systems and produces a PDF file that lists each feature along with a simple traffic light like legend. Green means you're good. Red means you aren't. Yellow or orange mean you need to do some research. Actually, in every case, customers should review the results along with the feature and determine how necessary it is in the environment,
Steps I used to access Transition Advisor
1. Logon to Support.Netapp.com
2. Access "My AutoSupport"
3. Select the appropriate site.
4. Select the systems to investigate in the main window
5. In the navigation pane, select "Transition Advisor"
6. In the Generate Report Tab, select the appropriate destination version, the output format (PDF or CSV), and whether or not it's an HA Pair. Then select "Submit Request."
7. On the "Download Report" tab, the status reads "In progress."
8. Once the report is complete, an e-mail is sent to the requester. The status also will show as "Complete."
The report is then available to download and read as part of an initial planning session for a transition from 7-Mode to Cluster Mode.